I always work hard on keep you informed on what is on my current reading list. My list continues to grow of “in progress’ reading. Since my last reading update very few books have been completed. Check out a detailed list of some books already on the nightstand discussed in my March 10th blog post.
As many of you know, I also run a small specialized CPA practice in the Metro Detroit area. With my last reading posting being mid-March, tax time has held me back from reading as much as I would like. Mary Ann (my wife) in late March handed me a copy of “Kill Alex Cross” by James Patterson to get my mind off work for a bit. It helped and I enjoyed an Alex Cross mystery as I always do.
On April 15th , I was gifted a copy of “Unintended Consequences” by Stuart Woods ( Stone Barrington at his best) and on the April 16th, I took a couple of hours and read it cover to cover.
Now that you know what I read to be entertained, let’s talk about a few books I have started and added to the pile on the nightstand !
1) How to Write a Book This Weekend, Even if You Flunked English Like I Did-an excellent e-book by my friend Vic Johnson. If you ever wanted to write a book, especially an e-book, this is a reference tool you can’t be without. Vic holds your hand and takes you from A-Z on how to write and promote your book. Love this one !
2) Circle Maker-Mark Batterson-This book deal with the power of prayer. I have heard great things about but just cracked the cover. I have the e-book version that comes with interactive videos as you read–a nice bonus feature.
3) The Tools-Phil Stutz & Barry Michels. This is a book about five tools that will help bring dynamic change in your life. Phil is a former prison psychiatrist and Barry a psychotherapist. As we use to say this is “heavy” stuff but is proving to be a very unique look at what drives the unconscious.
Once again the dusty titles that were discussed in March are:
1) People are Idiots and I Can Prove It-Larry Winget
2) Beautiful Outlaw – John Eldridge
3) I Am -Dr. Wayne Dyer
4) The Birth Order – Dr. Kevin Leman
5) 52 Mondays-The One Year Path to Outrageous Success & Lifetime Happiness-Vic Johnson
6) Best Practices are Stupid – Stephen Shapiro
7) Creating Magic-Lee Cockerell
8) Power Thoughts-12 Strategies to Win the Battle of the Mind-Joyce Meyer
Grab one or two of these books and start reading. Read 15 minutes minimum every day !