Vic Johnson a great mentor and friend of mine, introduce me to a 10 step New Year’s Toast many years ago and it remains one of my favorites. I have added my thoughts on “how” to accomplish each step. I’ve also added another 6 steps to this long time toast. 10 and 16 are special numbers to me.
In 2014 may you:
1) Achieve more – We do this through persistence, time, personal growth and by investing in ourselves
2) Believe more – This is done through faith. Believing it can be and will be accomplished.
3) Celebrate more -We all get so busy chasing things, usually goals, that we forget to take credit for what victories enter our lives.
4) Do More – Not that you all have been sitting on the couch but do more of the right things that will lead you to your dreams.
5) Expect more- You get what you expect in life. Have no fear ! Take more chances.
6) Fail more -success is growth through failure. There are no failures, just lessons.
7) Love more – Love everyone. Become more than you are. Love all people, especially those close to you. Love them more. Really love them !
8) Relax more – Do the things you love . Play golf, go hiking, go fishing, do some woodcarving !
9) Reach for more. Go for it–never ever settle ! Go for the moon !
10 ) Read more – We don’t read enough. Any answer you need can be found in a book.
Now 6 more :
11) Laugh more- We all take life way too serious. Laugh, enjoy. Let some of that bottled up stress go.
12) Think more – We are 500-600 % smarter than we ever give ourselves credit for. Within you are the answers you are seeking.
13) Reflect more – Take some quiet time and look where you are, where you want to go and what is or is not working for you.
14) Be supported more -We all need cheerleaders in our lives. Most of us have very few and those we have sure could cheer louder !
15) Attract more- The law of attraction is alive and well. Focus on what you want . Visualize it and it will over time become part of your life.
16) Chill more- Learn to let go. Let things be. Give it time. If you are spiritual-Let go and Let God !
Happy New Year !